Protecting Employees from Severe Weather Threats
- We’ve just experienced an outbreak of severe weather here in Oklahoma when an unseasonable August tornado tore through midtown Tulsa early Sunday, damaging dozens of businesses and injuring at least 30 people who were surprised by the sudden spin-up. It happened so suddenly, the warning sirens weren’t able to be activated.
- As a reminder, inspection crews and individuals need to be prepared for all kinds of emergencies. EHS Today is offering an excellent online training webinar titled “Protecting Employees from Severe Weather Threats.” Some of the Key Takeaways:
- Understand what can be measured about storms, air quality and lighting
- How to identify potential weather-related job hazards before they occur
- How to automatically notify employees when there is a safety risk due to weather
- The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, August 22, 2017 | 2pm ET / 11am PT, but if you are unable to attend, you still register and receive a recorded link to the webinar.